Golf in Mittersill
The view from the green to the stunning surrounding mountains is truly a feast for the eyes. The 18-hole Golf Club National Park Hohe Tauern is located in the heart of the national park, as the name suggests, and the Kitzbühel Alps. But Golf in Mittersill extends far beyond the region, with another eight golf courses in close proximity. The perfectly maintained and diverse courses are surrounded by mountains, meadows, forests, and lakes.
The history of the Golf Club Mittersill
The idea of building a golf course in Mittersill was alive and well in the 1930s. The pioneer of this plan was Baron Hubert von Pantz with his legendary ‘Sport & Shooting Club Schloss Mittersill’. His Royal Highness, Edward, Duke of Windsor, the future King of England, Prince Ferdinand of Liechtenstein, as well as many other prominent personalities, supported the golf course project, as did Mittersill’s mayor Martin Ploch. The Second World War, however, prevented the realization of a golf course in Mittersill.
Baron Pantz returned to Europe in 1948 and immediately visited Schloss Mittersill for the first time after the war. In 1953 the Sport & Shooting Club reopened. Guests included Prince Sadruddin Kahn (who announced his engagement in Mittersill), Henry Ford, Bob Hope, and Bing Crosby. The latter two were good golfers and supposedly very pleased with the smaller golf course that Pantz had cost-effectively designed himself.
Golf hotel Schloss Mittersill: guest benefits
- Reduced green fees at the national park golf course (partner hotel of Golfclub Mittersill)
- Reserve tee times and golf caddy on all golf courses in the area
- Free shuttle to Mittersill-Hollersbach-Stuhlfelden golf course of in Hohe Tauern National Park
- Special room for your golf equipment and cleaning facilities in the hotel
Green fee specials for golf in Mittersill
- Wednesday – GENTLEMEN’S DAY:
Gentlemen’s package € 46 per person, includes 18-hole green fee
- Thursday – LADIES’ DAY:
Ladies’ package € 46 per person, includes 18-hole green fee
- Sunday – LAZY SUNDAY:
Package € 46 per person includes 18-hole green fee | package € 26 per person includes 9-hole green fee
Anyone in the mood to swing a golf club is invited. Clubs and golf balls are available. Appointments on inquiry. Perfect for groups, too.
Golf Alpin Card for our castle guests
Golf in Mittersill is even more exciting with the Golf Alpin Card, including three, four or five green fees. Choose from more than 14 golf courses in Salzburg.
Golf courses in the vicinity
- Golf Club National Park Hohe Tauern in Mittersill (18 hole), 3 minutes by car
- Zell am See-Kaprun (36 holes), approx. 25 km
- Golf clubs in Kitzbühel, approx. 20 km:
Kitzbühel Eichenheim (18 holes)
Kitzbühel Kaps (9 holes)
Kitzbühel Schwarzsee (18 holes)
Kitzbühel Rasmushof (9 holes)
- Urslautal (18 holes), approx. 35 km
- Brandlhof (18 holes), approx. 35 km
- Ellmau (27 holes), approx. 35 km
- Westendorf, Kitzbüheler Alpen (18 holes), approx. 35 km