On your bike – ready – steady - go!
Cycling in Mittersill and the Hohe Tauern National Park
Mountain biking, gravel biking, e-biking, touring or road biking… there is a wide range of bike tours around Schloss Mittersill and through the wild and romantic landscapes of the Hohe Tauern National Park. Cycle past lush green and colourful flowering meadows, rushing mountain rivers, and grazing horses. From easy and leisurely to challenging and steep – everyone will find their favourite route (or two or three?) when cycling in Mittersill. You will be rewarded with incredible views and panoramas that are second to none.
Cycling in the region:
- 800 km of mountain bike trails between the Großglockner and Großvenediger.
- 310 km Tauern – Cycle Path from Krimml to Passau
- Tours for beginners, advanced and professionals
- E-bike charging stations in the bike area
- Special e-bike tours and gravel bike tours
- Modern bike shops including rental & expert know-how
- Guided tours by external bike guides can be booked
E-biking in Mittersill and the surrounding area
E-bikes extend our radius. With e-bikes, summits that could previously only be reached with difficulty can now be reached effortlessly. Bike tours of several hours over the mountains and to the summit are now feasible for everyone with modern e-bikes. The surrounding mountains of the Kitzbühel Alps or Hohe Tauern can be reached effortlessly – these are new dimensions. If you don’t have an e-bike at home, you can rent one on site. We also have the best tour tips ready for you.
Mountain biking in the Hohe Tauern National Park
In the Pinzgau region, challenging and exciting mountain bike tours nestle up against the mountains of the Hohe Tauern. The fresh, pure mountain air and the majestic mountain world of the Alps, with wild mountain rivers and imposing landscapes, add to the charm. Unique views are guaranteed. Ambitious mountain bikers find themselves on the region’s sporty and challenging bike tours. The Tauern Cycle Path in the valley is a particularly nice route.
The new trend – Gravel biking
The symbiosis of road biking and mountain biking is only growing in popularity, and is perfect for cycling on gravel paths. Mittersill is considered a real gravel bike paradise with versatile possibilities offered by the region.
The entire region can be explored on the Tauern Cycle Path from Krimml to Passau, with a total length of over 310 kilometres. No matter how many kilometres and metres of altitude you want to cover, there is the right tour for every road cyclist in the Pinzgau region. Easy, intermediate and difficult tours lead through beautiful, idyllic landscapes along the water, past natural wonders such as the Krimml Waterfalls, and through picturesque villages that invite you to take a break.
The tour tips
- Mittersill – Krimmler Waterfalls & return (approx. 35 Km)
- Mittersill –Zell am See & return (approx.. 24 Km)
- The Tauern Cycle Path is perfect for a family bike tour.
More information about the route:
• In-House Bike Know-How - get the best insider tips on cycling in Mittersill and the surrounding area.
• Biker breakfast - in fine weather on the terrace
• Locked biker room
• Bike washing facilites
• Maps with various tours
• Daily weather information
• Professional bike shops, including bike rental in Mittersill
• Information about tours and private units are available for booking