The hiking region of Mittersill-Hollersbach-Stuhlfelden
Fantastic hiking near Salzburg, Austria
The region of Mittersill-Hollersbach-Stuhlfelden in the province of Salzburg, Austria, lies between the 3,000-meter peaks of the Hohe Tauern National Park and the rolling grass mountains of the Kitzbühel Alps. Mountaineers and athletes love the abundant opportunities to hike and conquer summits. While hiking near Salzburg, Austria, you can expect diverse activities, inspiring guided hikes, countless tours in the region, and attractive quality services for your stay.
Impressive mountain landscape
Embedded in the two types of mountain ranges of the national park and the grass mountains, geographically ideal for both family tours and high-alpine hiking or cycling tours, the impressive mountain landscape for hiking in Mittersill could not be more attractive.
There is a special view from the panoramic terrace of the national park at around 2,000 altitude meters, the “window into the protected area of the Alps”. Romantic mountain lakes, such as the Amertaler See and the Hintersee, will put you in a state of awe and wonder.
Guided hiking tours
As a hiking hotel, we offer six guided hikes per week in Mittersill-Hollersbach-Stuhlfelden during the main season and three guided hikes per week in off-season. Our national park rangers and mountain guides love introducing our guests to the secrets of the region and accompanying them on exciting hiking tours.
Our hiking offers
- Twice a week, approx. 30 minutes
- Suitable for all
Guided hikes with trained guide
- Sunday: hike from the forest chapel in Stuhlfelden to the Johannakapelle in Mittersill
- Monday: hike to Brentling
- Tuesday: discovery tour at the creek | e-biking to Hollersbachtal followed by hike to Fürther Hütte
- Wednesday: adventure hike along the waterfall path in Untersulzbachtal
- Thursday: high altitude mountain lakes in the Felbertal (national park ranger hike)
- Friday: ‘the smell of fresh bread’ hike along the Pirtendorfer valley to the Felberturm museum where bread is baked
Our quality hiking services
- Hiking equipment rental (rucksacks, poles, rain protection)
- Hiking map & insider tips from our staff at reception (all of them local hiking experts)
- E-bike rental
- Signposted hiking start point directly at the castle
- Overview board with hiking trails of the region
- Hiking shuttle from the hotel and back
- Regional hiking bus
- Information on hiking activities in the region, professional insider tips included
- Special hiking offers for hiking near Salzburg, Austria
- Diverse weekly program
- Washing and drying room for hiking boots and equipment